Welcome to Dance Music Production

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Snoman

No Advertising   01/28/2016

This forum is dedicated to discussions & techniques related to the production of electronic dance music. In order to keep the forum clean and on-topic, advertising of any commercial product, magazine, blog, release or website is not permitted. The forum is actively monitored and any posts deemed to be 'advertising' any of the above without the explicit permission of the admin will be removed and your account removed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Asm

Reverb On Return Track

Hey guys :)

I just got a quick question about using Reverb on Send/Return track. Ive been doing it myself for a while now and what I know about it is that the wet knob need to be at 100%. Anyway, what got me thinking today is that, If a Reverb have 2 different Knobs for Wet and Dry (like mine does).

Does it matter what setting the Dry is at aswell?

Ive always had the Dry turned off but noticed that it does change the sound abit if I also turn that to 0 (or 100%)

What is the rule about this if the Dry and wet knobs are 2 different compraed to being the same?

Assuming what goes if the knob would be the same would mean that if the knob is turned to 100% Wet, that should mean that Dry is turned off?

Yeah you're right, keep your send effects 100% wet. As they're running parallel with the dry channel there's no need to have the dry signal coming through the return tracks as well. The dry is only useful when the effect is being used as an insert.