• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jpok1000

jpok1000

Noobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I was just wanting to know if anybody can give me some good advise as to what are the best VST Synthesizer Plugins for dance house music production. I currently have a PC running on Windows vista32bit & I use Cakewalk Sonar. Also what EQ plugins would you recommend?

Snoman

Snoman

Admin

• Administrator
  • 3,044 posts
  • Interests:Dance Music, Technology, Books and Kit Cars.

I was just wanting to know if anybody can give me some good advise as to what are the best VST Synthesizer Plugins for dance house music production. I currently have a PC running on Windows vista32bit & I use Cakewalk Sonar. Also what EQ plugins would you recommend?

The simple answer is any.

House music isn't built on a specific set of synthesizers, its just based around the feeling. I know that isn't exactly a helpful answer but pretty much any analogue synthesizer will do, just run it through a good selection of processors and effects. Remember the music is more on production of the timbre than what produced the original timbre.

I personally find the most essential effects/processors for the production of dance are:

Tubetech CL1B
Pultec EQP1A
Sound toys Bundle
SPL Bundle
SSL Duende (Mixing EQ and Mix Compression)

dorond

dorond

Noobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Music, Music, Music!!!

Just to reiterate what Rick said slightly....

I found that when I first started producing, I was completely addicted to finding that perfect synth, effect or processor that would make the sound perfect and I suffered from Gear Acquisition Syndrome for quite some time which really slowed me down because every time I read something that suggested that this or that synth is the be all and end all of whichever genre, I had to have it and this kind of created an analysis paralysis period were I didn't achieve much because I was constantly looking for new gear but never really using any of it....

In the end, I realised that choosing one or two instruments that I loved the sound of and getting to know them very very well made all the difference to my productivity as well as my creativity because instead of constantly searching for something better, I was actually making music with my limited toolset.

As Rick, said you can make anything with anything....sure certain instruments, effects and processors are better than others but if you know your well, you can create magic with even the simple ones.

Out of interest, my 2 go to synths are the Sylenth1 and Zebra 2,5. Sylenth1 is absolutely killer and because it is primarily written in assembly language, it is incredibly light on CPU and has incredible filters, probably the best I have used.

hope this helps :)

Manchester Midischool

Manchester Midischool

Noobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
This post has been summed up already by two great answers. I was going to say the same thing myself.

Anything with anything, but as a quick reference point to check out, try Sylenth, Vember audio Surge, Korg Monopoly, Synplant, ACE and Omnisphere.

There are a lifetime of sounds between those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users